Sunday, February 24, 2008

Riding the Buller Gorge

This morning the predicted rain actually did arrive, can't wait till the Ide's of March, might see'm sometime around September! Anyway, it was so light and the temperature so warm that I decided to get going. The route followed the Buller Gorge, one of the biggest rivers in New Zealand, though up this high it was in a fairly mellow mood however the road did rock and roll up and down a bit. I arrived at St Arnaud at the head of Lake Rotoiti, knowing I'd had a ride, and checked into a backpackers hostel there. I then walked down to the lake to fish for a while and with an eye on consistency I caught the usual zilch...zero...nothing!

I also took this opportunity to offer myself as a human sacrifice to all the sandflies in the area. Figuring this would give me good karma should I actually come back as a sandfly, I was disappointed so few of them took me up on my offer!


Well turned out nice again!

No comments: